Monday, November 11, 2013

Interview with M.S. Kaye






Using five sentences, tell us who YOU are, the writer.

M.S. KAYE: How about 5 words? Wife. Writer. Reader. Black Belt.

Do you currently have any books out for purchase? If so, what are the names, what’s it about and where can we find them?

M.S. KAYE: I have 2 books available:

Fight Princess
Things aren’t what they seem. Don’t get involved.
Celisse is too headstrong to listen. Her best friend’s boyfriend is dead, and she does not heed Cullen’s warning, slipped to her in a note as he’s being arrested for the murder.
Cullen tries to keep Celisse out of danger and also tries to avoid her, both unsuccessfully. He can’t deny his feelings for her anymore, but he knows he can’t have her. If she ever discovered the truth about his past, she’d surely hate him.
While struggling with her intense feelings for Cullen, Celisse uses her skills as an ex-prosecutor to investigate, all while continuing to fight for Ogden, the organizer of an underground fight ring. She eventually realizes things are connected—the ring, Ogden, Cullen, the murder, and herself. She races to uncover the truth before she’s arrested or becomes the next victim—or perhaps, the next culprit.

Purchase at:
Barnes & Noble - http://bit.ly/1abP1LC
Liquid Silver Books (publisher – all formats) - http://bit.ly/172SszA


Once
Her first and also her Once.
 Jonathan is studying to become a priest. He is three days from taking vows. He will not be a priest.
            Rebecca’s major is pre-law. She is supposed to take over her father’s law firm. She will not be lawyer.
Their paths cross at exactly the right moment, when each most needs to hear what the other has to say. Jonathan’s structured life is turned sideways, but Rebecca also helps him learn how to forgive himself. It was self-defense, not murder.
Rebecca finds the strength to stand up to her father, to be the real her. If Jonathan likes her writing, it must be worth pursuing.
They must each struggle to forge a new path without each other’s comfort and strength, with only memories of the one day that changed everything.

Purchase at:
http://jupitergardenspress.com/shop/once/

Are you currently working on something? Tell us about it!

M.S. KAYE: I’m working with my publisher and editor on my next book. It’s a YA paranormal titled Strong as Death. It’s about a teenager who discovers her father is a 19th-century English gentleman ghost.

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what THREE things could you not live without?

M.S. KAYE: My husband. A copy of Jane Eyre. And lots of paper so I can keep writing.

When is your most creative time of the day?

M.S. KAYE: Doesn’t matter. If I’m not writing, I’m thinking about my stories.

What motivates you to write? Music, movies, pictures?

M.S. KAYE: I love my stories and characters so much that I want to bring them to life so that other people can see them as I do.

If you could have a conversation with anyone, living or dead, who would it be and why?

M.S. KAYE: Charlotte Bronte. She’s my favorite writer.

What authors inspire you? Why?

M.S. KAYE: Charlotte Bronte, Jane Austin, J.K. Rowling, L.M. Montgomery, Madeline L’Engle. They’re women who write (or wrote) outside the norm in some way.

What started you on the journey to write?

M.S. KAYE: I had a story in my head that wouldn’t shut up. It was there for years until I finally realized I needed to write it down.

What are the biggest challenges you’ve come across being an author or a writer?

M.S. KAYE: Selling myself.

How has becoming a published author (independent or traditional) changed your perspective on life and is it everything you expected it to be? (If you are not published yet – what changes do you foresee?)

M.S. KAYE: It is everything I thought it would be—really fun and plenty of work.

How do you stay motivated and get through writer’s block?

M.S. KAYE: I believe writer’s block is a myth. My passion for my stories is what motivates me.

What keeps you focused and ‘in the zone’ while writing your novels?

M.S. KAYE: Passion for the story.

Do you have a technique or style of writing you prefer? Do you write in order or skip around and piece together later?

M.S. KAYE: I have a specific outlining process.
1. Find that one aspect of the story that you feel passionate about.
2. Free write about it.
3. Decide on basic character traits.
4. Make a basic chapter-by-chapter outline. I allow changes as I go.

When your dreams come true, what do you do?

M.S. KAYE: Hug the hubby!


To all of us aspiring authors, struggling, or newbies, what is the best advice you can give us?

M.S. KAYE: Don’t write with the main purpose to have bragging rights to have written a book or to get published. Write with passion for the story. It will come through for the reader.

Where you can find M.S. Kaye






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the insightful interview. These sound like intriguing books, I will look forward to reading them.

    ReplyDelete