Monday, November 18, 2013

Interview with Lynda Glorioso



I had the pleasure of sitting down with fellow author, friend and Nail Polish Entrepreneur/Extraordinaire for an interview about her writing. This is what she had to say:

Using five sentences, tell us who YOU are, the writer.

Lynda: I’m a creativity junkie. Whether it’s writing, photography, or creating one of the many items in my shop it keeps me happy. For me being creative is not just something I do it’s part of who I am. I’m also a very determined person. If it’s important to me I’ll work at it until I accomplish what I set out to do.

Do you currently have any books out for purchase? If so, what are the names, what’s it about and where can we find them?

Lynda: Yes, I Am No One is available from createspace, amazon and of course directly through me.  Transition will be out soon.

Are you currently working on something? Tell us about it!

Lynda: I’m finishing up edits on Transition and also putting together an anthology.

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what THREE things could you not live without?

Lynda: I would need water to quench my thirst, sunblock because I burn easily and a boat to get off of the island. Didn’t see that last one coming did you?

When is your most creative time of the day?

Lynda: Usually nighttime is my friend. That’s when it’s the quietest and I can focus better. Plus I don’t have a million other things I’m working on at that time.

What motivates you to write? Music, movies, pictures?

Lynda: Life is a major one for starters. I draw inspiration from things that happen to me all the time. Music is a motivator as well. Also movies/TV shows, other books and especially my dreams. I always have strange dreams that lead to lots of good and creative things!

If you could have a conversation with anyone, living or dead, who would it be and why?

Lynda: I would love to pick Tuomas Holopainen’s brain. He does not write books but he composes the most intricate and amazing songs I’ve ever heard. I want to know where he draws his inspiration from to create such masterpieces. It’s always intriguing to learn how such genius functions. Who knows I may even learn a secret or two about how to improve my own works.

What authors inspire you? Why?

Lynda: Tolkien, Anne Rice, Stephen King, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Poppy Z Brite, George R. R Martin… Let’s just cut this list off here and say I get inspired by almost every author I read because I always learn something new from their books.

What started you on the journey to write?

Lynda: As a child I was always a huge reader.  This led to me writing short stories and poetry. I use to write them by hand on paper. This was before the invention of public computers. (Yes I just dated myself. lol) It was also before I had a typewriter.

What are the biggest challenges you’ve come across being an author or a writer?

Lynda: Finding a publisher was a big road block for a while.

How has becoming a published author (independent or traditional) changed your perspective on life and is it everything you expected it to be? (If you are not published yet – what changes do you foresee?)

Lynda: You can accomplish anything you want as long as you work hard at it and don’t give up.

How do you stay motivated and get through writer’s block?

Lynda: I step away from it for a bit and watch movies, read, or listen to music.

What keeps you focused and ‘in the zone’ while writing your novels?

Lynda: Silence is golden. I cannot be interrupted or I lose my train of thought. The right song works also. It helps block out any interference.

Do you have a technique or style of writing you prefer? Do you write in order or skip around and piece together later?

Lynda: Not really any preferred technique or style of writing. I do not like writing in first person though.

When your dreams come true, what do you do?

Lynda: Enjoy it, and do all you can to make sure that it sticks around.

To all of us aspiring authors, struggling, or newbies, what is the best advice you can give us?

     Lynda: I’m still in that category myself. hehe I would pretty much say the same              thing I already did. Work hard, and don’t give up. If you really want something you         have to be persistent and active in making it happen. 

Want to keep up with her writing? Check her out here:

https://www.facebook.com/LyndaGloriosoAuthorPage

No comments:

Post a Comment